Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Hello and welcome to my new blog.  Together, we will journey through the Christian Bible and I will discuss with you the lessons I am learning as we progress.  This post is basically an introduction to me and my faith.

My name is David Verney and I have been a Christian for over 30 years.  I am now 39 years old and my walk with Jesus started in the Baptist Church in Coventry, England.  Then, it was known as Meredith Road, but the main Baptist Church in Coventry is now Queen's Road.

When I was very young, we moved to the Anglican Church.  This was a short distance from where we lived and it was a good Church.

We moved from there to the Catholic Church when I was nine years old and I largely grew up in the Catholic Church.  In those days, it was as bad as a homosexual coming out to say that you were leaving the Anglican Church for the Catholic Church.

I was married in 2011, to my wife Catherine who is an Anglican.  We married in her Church in Selly Oak, Birmingham and I am now attending an Anglican Church again, with my wife in Oldbury, where we live.

The Church where we go now is very welcoming.  They are non-judgmental and very warm and friendly.  I feel happy there and the ministry team are wonderful people.

Whatever faith you are, if you put Jesus first and worship Him alone, you will be saved - as the Pentecostal Church put it.

Today, we find that Jesus is very much on our side.  I love to spend time with Him and I am visited by the Holy Spirit on a daily basis.  I know I am right with God and I know that I am in the right place to learn from Him.

Lastly, I would like to talk about my late father, who was exemplary in the Christian life he led.  My father would go to any Church, take Holy Communion anywhere and he would feel at home in any Christian Church.  Rest in peace, my beloved father - John Verney.


No comments:

Post a Comment